How Effective is an Ultrasonic Mouse Repellent?
An ultrasonic mouse repellent
is a device that is plugged into a wall and which emits sound waves or vibrations that
mice don't like. It's one tool in the arsenal of how
to get rid of house mice
- the idea is that these unpleasant and stressful sounds
will cause mice to leave the house on their own. But do they really work?
The Good Stuff About Ultrasonic Devices
- They are a non-toxic, non-chemical, and safe way to control rodents, suitable for
people interested in humane pest control.
- Quick and easy to get started - just plug it in, in an open space and the device
will immediately begin acting as a deterrent.
- Sounds are supposed to be non-detectable to humans.
- Devices do not affect TVs or other electronics.
- Some devices will emit randomized sounds or sound patterns, making it less likely
that rodents will get used to them.
- Some people have claimed great success with these devices, and sometimes in just
a few days.
The Bad Stuff About Ultrasonic Repellents
Homeowners may find that an ultrasonic mouse repellent is a useful tool, to be used
in conjunction with other pest control methods. If you're willing to give them a try,
you can assess their effectiveness for yourself. Regardless of what method is used
to remove mice from the home, further steps will need to be taken to ensure that
they don't come back. See the article on preventive
pest control for more information.